Hope for Sufferers of Peripheral Neuropathy
One of the most frequent suggestions is for sufferers of peripheral neuropathy to adopt a healthy lifestyle. This includes things such as:
- Avoid environmental and industrial toxins
- Controlling your blood sugar
- Correcting vitamin deficiencies
- Eating a balanced diet (improves gastrointestinal symptoms)
- Exercising (reduces cramps, strengthens muscles, prevents muscle wasting)
- Limiting or avoiding alcohol consumption (lessens negative physical and emotional effects)
- Maintaining optimal weight
- Quitting smoking (stops blood vessels from constricting)
- Seeing your doctor regularly if you are diabetic
- Taking care of your feet
Taking these measures can help to alleviate many symptoms of neuropathy and help your nerves to regenerate.
Please remember, you are not alone.
There are millions of people suffering from peripheral neuropathy with more individuals diagnosed every day. We know that may be cold comfort, but it does mean that scientists, clinicians, pharmacists and nutritionists are all working to find a cure.
Until that day, follow these guidelines to maintain optimal health and reduce your neuropathy symptoms.
- Neuropathy Vitamins
- Vitamins for Peripheral Neuropathy
- Natural Remedies for Peripheral Neuropathy